Council tax recovery letters will be issued shortly - have you considered paying by direct debit?
Benefits of paying by Direct Debit:-
- Certainty – you have no worries about forgetting the payment date
- Control – any change in the amount is always notified in advance
- Convenience – saves you the trouble of issuing cheques or having to visit a pay point outlet
Direct debit allows a taxpayer to pay over weekly or fortnightly instalments, or, by 12 or 10 monthly instalments. If you wish to pay by Direct Debit please visit our website www.dumgal.gov.uk/counciltax
If you are struggling to pay your instalments or have received a Reminder or Final Notice and you are unable to set up a direct debit you can choose to spread your instalments until March. Payments will still be required to be paid on the 1st of every month using this method. If you wish to request this please contact our office on 0303 3333 005.
If you are struggling to pay here is information on how to reduce your bill:
- Council tax reduction - You can claim council tax reduction if you have a low income and have savings of less than £16000.
- An exemption can be applied for a limited time if the property or the occupiers meet certain categories.
- A discount may be applied for a limited time if the property or the occupiers meet certain categories.
- A disabled person's reduction may be applied if you property is larger to suit the needs of a disabled person.
- You can appeal the decision against the valuation band allocated to your home via the Scottish Assessors Association website .
- Spread the cost of your instatements by direct debit, you can also choose a different payment date
- Spread the cost of your instalments until March paying manually, payments will still need to be paid on the 1st of the month.
If you need to speak to an advisor
New documents have been posted on the Dumfries & Galloway planning web site for the proposed solar photovoltaic farm at Culraven/High Newton. The planning reference is 21/0663/PAN. This is a Planning Application Notice, not a planning application. You can view the latest documents by going to the D&G Council planning web site: https://eaccess.dumgal.gov.uk/online-applications/ where you can enter the planning reference 21/0663/PAN in the search box. The documents include updated site plans, visual impact appraisal and landscape/feasibility study documents.
There will be public consultation events for this project in July but, due to COVID-19 restrictions, these will probably take place online. There will also be an information leaflet and letter describing the project distributed to Borgue residents in July.
D&G Young Person's Guarantee
If you are aged 16-24 and not in education, employment or training there is lots of local support in Dumfries and Galloway, tailored to your needs, that can help you get advice and build the skills and confidence you need to move on to formal volunteering, training, a job or course to gain qualifications.
What is the Young Person's Guarantee ?
The opportunity of a job, placement, training or volunteering for every 16-24 year old in Scotland - based on your own goals and ambitions.
- To search the local directory of employment, skills and related support click here
- For more information on the Young Person's Guarantee visit www.youngpersonsguarantee.scot