There will be an event in the Borgue Public Hall to discuss the High Nunton Solar Farm planning application on Tuesday, 1st March at 7 p.m. This meeting is being organised and sponsored by Borgue Comunity Council but is not a Community Council meeting. Members of the High Nunton Solar project team will be at the meeting to answer questions and respond to comments on the project.
The planning application for High Nunton Solar Farm can be accessed on the D&G Council Planning web site by searching for the reference: 21/2490/FUL. Click here for a summary of information about the project on the Borgue Community Council web site. The closing date for consultation as posted on the D&G Council site is 22nd February 2021 but we have talked to the planning department and we were informed that submissions of individual representations can be received up to Sunday, 6th March.
With the forecast for more winter storms on the way, here is a list of emergency contact numbers and website links for support during a storm or a fllod event.
Useful phone numbers:
- In an emergency always dial 999 when there is a risk to life or property.
- Dumfries & Galloway Council Contact Centre - Dial 030 33 33 3000 (this number is monitored 24hrs a day / 365 days a year)
- Dial the 101 the non-emergency number to make local Police aware of any policing issues in your area.
- Dial 111 for provide urgent care advice and mental health support day or night from NHS 24
- Dial 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your local area.
- Dial 0800 023 2023 for Openreach to report issues related to telephone services in your area
- Dial 0800 077 8778 for Scottish Water related issues
- Dial 0800 111 999 for Scottish Gas related emergency issues such as a gas leak
Useful Web links:
- For weather advice: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/advice/
- For weather warnings: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/ukforecastwarnings
- For flood warnings http://www.sepa.org.uk/flooding.aspx
- For flood Advice: https://scottishfloodforum.org/news/latest-news/
- Power cuts map: https://www.spenergynetworks.co.uk/pages/power_cuts_map.aspx
- Emergency School Closure https://info.dumgal.gov.uk/esc/home
- For winter preparedness: Ready Scotland Ready for Winter
- For public transport advice: http://www.travelinescotland.com
- For roads advice: http://trafficscotland.org/
- For Ferry travel sailing to and from Cairnryan https://www.poferries.com/en/routes/cairnryan-to-larne/travel-information/timetables and https://www.stenaline.co.uk/routes/cairnryan-belfast/timetable
- For disruption to Rail https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/indicator.aspx
We have just heard from Dumfries & Galloway Planning department that the date for individual representations to the High Nunton Solar Project planning application has been extended to 6th March 2022. Additional representation from Borgue Community Council as a statutory consultee may also be submitted after this date. This means that we now have time to arrange a live meeting in Borgue during the week of 28th February. We will post more information about the date and time of the meeting when we have it arranged.